First, a quick aside about some English stuff.
Active voice: Thing A performs this action to Thing B. Active voice is frowned upon.
Passive voice: Thing B has this action performed on it. I use passive voice too much.
A quick aside from a quick aside before I start talking Marvel stuff - what you just witnessed is a brand of Aaron humor that I dub "only funny to me & would make people who don't know better assume that I am stupid". This specific example was me saying "Active voice is frowned upon" using passive voice. Then me saying "I use passive voice too much" using active voice. It's funny to me because, if somebody did that on accident - it would make me laugh. So I do it on purpose but don't (normally) call attention to the fact that I did it, but have some dumb goofy grin on my face like I'm some sort of comedy genius... and people don't understand what's so funny.
Back to my original aside.
That: Sometimes the word "that" is necessary. Sometimes it is not.
Soccer is a game that I don't understand.
Soccer is a game I don't understand.
Have I told you that baseball is boring?
Have I told you baseball is boring?
Can't you see that that game has no appeal to me?
Dord is a word.
ALRIGHT! End of the English section.
The biggest, most life-changing thing since I got married happened to me in the past 3 days...
THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
How good was that trailer!?
Look at this dude!
Recently, MCU-mastermind/executive-producer/should-be-richest-dude-ever Kevin Feige did an interview with Vanity Fair in which he says “There will be two distinct periods. Everything before Avengers 4 and everything after. I know it will not be in ways people are expecting”
Well here's what I'm expecting:
Avengers: Infinity War
The movie opens with Thanos encountering Thor and the remnants of Agsard. Thanos wrecks Thor and takes the Tesseract off Loki. He uses the Space Stone to go to Xandar, wrecking the Xandarians at their own HQ and takes the Power Stone. Thanos then opens up a portal into New York City to get the Time Stone from Doctor Strange and the Mind Stone from the Vision. I EXPECT there's a chance Thanos will only succeed in getting one and the Avengers will drive him away... what I HOPE is that Thanos succeeds fully. Kills off a bunch of the main Avengers cast (e.g. Captain America), then leaves on his own to finish collecting the Reality Stone & the Soul Stone, leaving Earth devastated and down many of its Mightiest Heroes. The razing of Earth either awakens Captain Marvel or signals her to return to Earth.
Ant-Man and the Wasp
I don't have any idea what's going to happen in this movie. It will serve as comedic relief from the dour previous movie. I don't know how it will fit into the supernarrative.
I am really looking forward to this movie. I have always liked Brie Larson since she was Scott Pilgrim's popstar ex girlfriend. This movie is supposedly set in the 1990's. So I imagine it will just tell an interesting story about how she got her powers and end with a rational explanation of why she's not been around thus far, but WILL be around for Avengers 4.
Thanos manages to get the Reality Stone or the Soul Stone. The remaining Marvel heroes (Avengers or otherwise) use whatever Stone is left to bring back Captain America and company to make their final stand against a nearly full-power Thanos. Thanos kills basically everyone, but for some reason loses. I don't know how you defeat someone who's basically God, but obviously he can't win. Whoever is still alive will have then full Infinity Gauntlet and will use it to undo the atrocities of the Infinity War. Marvel will then accomplish an in-canon universe reset. From there, anything can happen... and what's happened already isn't invalidated.
After the events of Avengers 4, I think that Marvel will have bought their rights back to Fantastic Four, and possibly even the X-Men. The NEXT 10 years of Marvel movies will focus on those properties and the others we haven't seen much of yet. We'll have new actors playing new heroes. The days of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Bruce Banner's the Hulk will be done. It will be a whole new Marvel Cinematic Universe.
And it will be great.
Top 10: Aaron's Favorite Songs Throughout Time (Presented without Shame and in Rough Chronological Order)
10. Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
9. Weezer - Buddy Holly
8. Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
7. Alkaline Trio - Sorry About That
6. System of a Down - Chop Suey!
5. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
5. Ave Maria
4. The PIxies - Where is My Mind?
3. Reptilia - The Strokes
2. Dashboard - Modest Mouse
1. The Luckiest - Ben Folds
"I feel like 60% of my writing is caveats to the other 40%"
- Danielle -