We kind of forgot about the whole thing... pretty much immediately.
January 2015 will now forever be known as the month of "The Faileo Diet". Luckily, failure is an option with these things. It was never a solid commitment. We didn't talk about it enough going in. This month will be better.
February 2015: No TV*, no videogames*
*Except for Fridays, which we will utilize as cheat days. This way we can still keep up on our currently running shows and maybe I won't lose anything I have going for me in Battlefield.
So, that's the deal.
Now, for my second and last topic, I'm going to revisit something I've written about again, and again, and again.
The perfect bag. There's obviously no such thing, in general terms. There's only the perfect bag "for your needs". For my needs, unfortunately, there's still no perfect bag out there. One doesn't exist that does everything I want without the stuff I don't. One could be made, but I'm confident it hasn't been. If it had, I'd have found it by now.
- Water resistant (rain proof)
- Laptop sleeve
- Waterbottle holder (capable of contain Nalgenes)
- Admin pocket with exactly 3 pen slots and two pockets sized appropriately to hold a pack of cards, but not much more ("cards" are just a size gauge there).
- High quality materials
- Clean overall look
- Spot for sunglasses
- Spot for CCW
- Secret money pocket
- Most/all pockets bottom out at the bottom of the bag
4. The waterbottle holder completely unzips to give you a mesh bottle holder. I also considered making this side of the bag MOLLE webbing. I'd probably do that, in retrospect. I want to be able to hold my Nalgene if I want, and have no bulk if I don't want to hold anything.
3. The whole thing doesn't zip in half. This feature is awesome, provided you're flying often. If you don't fly much, it makes the added weight/complexity unnecessary.
2. The "Napoleon" pocket is larger, and has an internal (top) opening in addition to the external (side) opening. Frankly, that second part is actually pretty good. Timbuk2 I'll sell you that idea for cheap.
1. I added some of the features of the 2014 Timbuk2 classic messenger. The strap style, the interior side pockets, the simplified face pocket.
“My preworkout consists of me staring into the mirror for 5 minutes insulting myself. My cool down consists of me flexing naked for 20 minutes.”
- Jon -